This easy-to-make craft uses empty toilet paper rolls to resemble a safe version of a firecracker! The tubes can also be filled with treats.
• Empty toilet paper roll, cleared of any remaining tissue
• Rubber Bands
1. Using the paint, decorate the toilet paper roll with any patriotic design you’d like, then allow to dry.
2. Next, cut two circles out of the paper, approximately 3 to 4 inches across. You can paint or color them to match your toilet paper roll, if you desire. Poke a small hole through the center of one of the paper circles, then thread a 6-inch piece of yarn through it. The long end of the yarn should be hanging on the side of the paper that is decorated (to resemble a firecracker fuse). Leave about 1 inch of yarn on the side of the circle that is not decorated. Tape it down to hold it in place.
3. When all the pieces are dry, attach the circles to the toilet paper roll using rubber bands.
4. Making sure the decorated side is up, line up each circle on each side of the toilet paper roll, and wrap the rubber band around a few times to hold it in place.
More posts like this one in Crafts.